Thursday, February 7, 2008

Older Viscosity

Pricey stuff, I was skeptical, but the Old Viscosity was good so what the heck. Older Viscosity is what Old Viscosity is blended with. In other words this is the cask strength stuff, unblended with lesser beer - It will challenge you.

Opened the bottle, nothing new there, but when you pour (or try to pour) the beer something is different. It pours thick, much like a well aged port. Smells of rosted malt, choclolate, carmel and who knows what else explode from the bottle and glass as I pour. A quick swirl, it clings to the glass like super glue clings to your finger. Only the Dogfish Head World Wide Stout has legs that are even close to this beer. Take a sip, BAM! Take it up another notch! This beer is amazing, I'm going to need another bottle. The body is very full, almost chewy, it tastes, it tastes... Its just overwhelming, there is so much going on with this beer. Its everything I liked about the World Wide Stout without the sweet bite. The only other thing I've had like this would be a variation on the Tard Munkey I made awhile back. What you see in the glass is as far as I made it, I can't wait to have another sip tonight!

No comments: