Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Skagit Brewery - My take on it

First off I liked the place. And when the train thunders by (tracks are maybe 10' away) grab your glass and pretend your on a roller coaster! Overall the beer was above average, some of the lighter stuff was meh. The barleywine and the stout were the standouts. I tried everything to get a bottle of their barleywine to take home, but it didn't happen. Guess I'll have to head back.

What I didn't like was one of the waitresses. Everyone else there was awesome, even the person that had to fill in for our waitress when she went on an unannounced break... I ordered something that was supposed to have gorgonzola, it had blue cheese instead. It was still good but when I asked about it bitchy waitress said, "We don't serve blue cheese, that’s why you're wrong." What about the blue cheese burger on the menu... /end rant.

In summary, if you like beer give, the place a try. I’m defiantly heading back soon!

No comments: