Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hop Henge Imperial IPA

(That's ice on the glass, I didn't want to wait anymore for the beer to chill)

The price was right and it was sunny out and we were having a BBQ - perfect conditions for a good IPA. And, wow this was a good beer. So good I went and got another bottle the day after I tried it.

Pretty typical IPA until you taste it. Normal pour, smells hoppy but not overpowering, medium viscosity, good head. Taste of the first sip almost had me worried - BAM! IPA! I am HOPS, ROAR! But, by the finish of the first sip the imperal-ness made itself clear, the beer had a beautiful alcohol sweet finish. This taste would make a good Imperial IPA ice cream.

I really enjoyed this beer, the dichotomy really made it interesting. It is to beer what the pre-mixed peanut butter and jelly (the one with columns of each one in the jar) is to sandwiches.

No comments: