Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stone: Double Bastard 2007 Release

Heavy, thick, good bite, heavy hop presence, and huge. Malty taste with little dark malts, it had a bit of spicy tang about it. Might be more of a super ESB than anything. Ya, that's where I'd put it. I had been saving this for, well, a year. Tonight for some reason the mood struck me and it needed to be drank. For a medium colored beer this one sure packs a whalop at 10% which contributes to some of the spiciness. If you ever find one of the limited release bottles (typically spring or fall?) try it out. But be prepared for a bottle that you might not finish all at once. Results may vary being I've had this one for a year. Fear not, though it may be my last 22oz bottle, I still have a 3L (thats right) 2007 Release Double Bastard on my fridge. Booya!

No comments: