Thursday, January 31, 2008

New levels of awesomeness

I had to share my recent experience with the plumber my landlords were forced to hire by the house owner. Background info: The drain in my basement fails, spews water everywhere further aggravated by the main sump pump failing. Below is the dialog from the 8th trip the plumber made to fix the same problems...

My conversation with Mr. Royal Imperial Fail Stick:

Me "the pump is leaking out the cover because not all the screws are there."
Him "Oh no that’s not it, well it leaked because there was suds in the water… "
Me "So the missing screws have nothing to do with it leaking?"
Him "I'll take care of it Monday."
Me "I'll just put a couple screws in it and see what happens, we probably have a couple in the garage."
Him "NO, I'll take care of it Monday."
Me "That will be the 9th time you've been here to fix that problem."
Him "Well then 9th time's a charm, I'll be back Monday."
Me "No you won't because you do not have permission to enter if nobody is home."
Him "I'm coming to fix it Monday."
Me "I will talk to my roommates tonight and let the landlord know when somebody will be home."
Landlord "Good plan, you have my #. Let me know, I can show up too if you want."
Me "Great, I'll give you a call tomorrow."
Him "So what time Monday?"
Me "The landlord will call you."

It goes on… They finally leave, I'm getting ready to head back to work when someone knocks on the door again. I open the door:

Him "My trailer hitch hit your car."
Me - walk over to see my license plate bent and on the ground…
Him - grabs my plate and starts to bend it back
Me "Please give me my license plate."
Him "I'm trying to fix it."
Me "You’ve done enough fixing for today." I grab my license plate from him.
Him - tries to grab it back.
Me "back off, this is my car." I inspect for damage, nothing much just a couple of scrapes but the plate and mounting bracket are toast.
Me "I'm going to handle it, just go away. Now."
Him "I've got a screw driver, we can fix it. Let me fix it I don't like making people upset."
Me "Too late." I walk back into the house. He heads over to the landlords car.


Munkey_1's response:
New levels of awesomeness have been achieved here! Please refer to all previous awesomeness as mearly "interesting".The current level shall be reserved forever as the new AWESOMENESS standard, never to be achieved again.

No comments: