Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Rogue Hero

www.rogue.com
www.elysianbrewing.com

I was there at the Rogue Hero on Friday night having a beer and watching The Collected. Good times. They have a few beers on tap, of which the following I had:

Elysian Immortal IPA
Elysian Perseus Porter
Rogue Dead Guy Ale

The Immortal was pretty damn good for an IPA. Nice carmel color, good bitterness, and wasn't excessively dry hopped.

The Perseus Porter was good too, but not a good chaser to the IPA. It wasn't all too sweet and lacked that husk/grit mouthfeel some porters get (which is good). Very dark color and followed the style well. Wasn't excessively thick and drank easily. Since I had the IPA first, it was hard to taste the hops. I wonder what would happen if I mixed the two....

The Dead Guy was a very good finishing beer. Little sweet, little bitter, good ale. I believe it is dry hopped as it has a fresh hop taste and leaves a thick feeling on the palet. Still a favorite of mine but I can't drink more than two in a row. I actually had a chance to go to the Rogue Pub in Newport Oregon, its good there too!

No comments: