Saturday, June 21, 2008

Franken N'Stein: Pale Ale and Buckingham Porter

Every now and then I like to check in on this place. It traditionally isn't swell but today it wasn't bad. Besided the recent traditional Boundary Bay they serve, they seem to be trying to pick up on their own home craft beers! Today they served the Ferndale Pale Ale (left) and the Buckingham Porter (right).

The pale ale is a little sweet, decent hop level, and quite drinkable. It's almost an IPA. I'd hate to recommend it...... But I do! It has a medium body, not super flowery but present. Better than Boundary's IPA. For a while there F'n Steins had me worried!

Buckingham Porter... Not the best porter I've had but not terrible. Its a little sweet, little coating, but has a decent porter finish. Next to the Ferndale Pale it's a bit chalky but its welcome. If you are in the are I'd try it for sure.

No comments: