Monday, September 22, 2008

The Dissident

Deschutes - The Dissident

Curiosity got the better of me... again... maybe its the waxed top... Anyway, I tried the new offering from Deschutes this weekend.

Its brewed with wild yeast, kinda weird, is this a lambic?! Pours normal, looks like an amber or a brown ale but the smell is wayyyyyy different. It smells almost like sour apple candy... Ok, well only one way to go from here, first sip... yep its sour, but not like I was expecting, phew. It tastes more like a flemish sour ale than a pure lambic.

Side note - this beer does not go well with mexican food.

Got back to the beer after dinner, ok solid beer, a little heavier than the flemish, not quite as lemonady refreshing as the flemish and a little more tart. For me I'd like to drink this as an after dinner pre-desert beer.

I liked it, but not enough to add to my cellar.

No comments: