Monday, January 26, 2009

Hair of the Dog: Fred



It has been 4 days past the one year date of my first Fred. Odd isn't it?

http://brewmunkey.blogspot.com/search/label/Hair%20of%20the%20Dog

I consider myself a little more matured in my beer drinking since then (being my last Fred post isn't that informative other than WEEEEEE!). This is a real heavy beer, I would say an Imperial American Pale Ale. The key points this beer makes are heavy palet, thick pour, medium golden body, and watching the bubbles float through the beer is entertaining. This is one of the few heavy yet clear beers that slow the bubbles down to almost a slow motion. The first sniff gives the impression that you have a serious IPA on your hands. That first sip sent shivers down my spine and I knew I was in for a treat. 10%abv is a serious beer and they pull it off well. The lingering taste after you swallow is that of the alcohol and sweetness. Definetely not the beer you drink a few of but you should have this one with a good steak and potato dinner for sure.

No comments: