Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot Ale, 2009 release

Bigfoot Ale. Hoppy Barlywine style Ale.

I like how they went back to the original label graphic.


I got a weird look from the cashier for buying 3 six packs and a doughnut. Trying to explain that it only comes out once a year didn’t help me. Oh well, I have beer!


Ok, I think this is more of an Imperial IPA than the dogfish head 90 Minute IPA. Bigfoot seems to have more hop presence. But to be fair I really like both and I think they’re in the same “class” of beer.
Thick hoppy, good head, smells… like hoppy sugar cane. Just the right amount of carbonation, smooth finish, ah good beer! And there’s 5 more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should just cellar this stuff and drink it in five years.

To review it now, I feel is improper and a waste of a precious brew.

No wonder it tastes of IPA.

BrewMunkey_A said...

Thanks for the input. I mostly agree with you and I have some older one's stored away in my basement.

http://brewmunkey.blogspot.com/search/label/Sierra%20Nevada
That one was absolutly amazing, aging definatly improves this brew.

However, one thing I like about aging beer is getting to sample it along the way and see how it changes over time.

I also believe that if you enjoyed drinking the beer, it's not a waste.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review and please feel free to share your opinions on some of the other beers!