Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chuckanut Brewery - Second chance review


Chuckanut Brewery, take 2.
Went there for happy hour, thank god I didn't pay full price... Their beer still sucks.


Bonus points if you can guess what beer that is in the picture.


Lager? - No


Pale Ale? - No


IPA? - No


Ok that's three guesses, I'll tell you what it is. It's their amber. Yes I said amber, as in amber ale.


It tastes as watery as it looks. It doesn't smell like much, the head was very thin and dissipated quickly. My buddy described it as paying a premium for draft Budweiser.


I tried - I wanted to like your beer, I really did. I really liked Snoqualmie Falls Brewery when I visited and I made a point to hit your booth at every beer event and to try as many offerings of yours as I could before I passed judgment. But I've been disappointed every time. I wish your brewery well, I think it has a lot of potential, but I'll be drinking elsewhere from now on.

No comments: