Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Buffalo Bills, Blueberry Stout



Stouts. They should be thick, tasty, malty, roasty. Especially if they claim to be an oatmeal stout. This beer is labeled as a Blueberry Oatmeal Stout. Hmm. The blueberry is fairly weak flavor which is fine by me. I don't feel fruit beers should be overly fruity and this beer isn't overwhelming in it's blueberry-ness. The body is about a medium and isn't quite as thick as I was expecting. The head poured a nice tan and has a nice dark reddish hue to it. It wasn't as malty as I wanted. Roastyness just wasn't there either. And den.......

Stout hole test. Fail.

I know, but I already was leading up to that. Overall though, not a terrible beer. Buffalo Bill does a Pumpkin Ale which I get every chance I can. I figured that the Blueberry Stout should be similar. Which it is cause the flavor blend of the fruit was done well and is tasteful. But to claim that it is an Oatmeal Stout? Nah. It's not. Try a bottle for yourself, but don't get the 6 pack.

No comments: