Friday, August 8, 2008

Birdsview Porter

Birdsview porter, yum!

Took a drive out to baker lake, stumbled upon this brewery. Walked in, got the you're not from around here are you look. Ordered a sample of the porter, when I tried to pay for it the bartender told me not to worry about it. Cool, free sample!

The smell was interesting, molassesy coffee maple syrupy smell. Dark and thick! Wow this could be a stout! full body, pretty sweet smooth finish. not chalky like some porters. Subdued hops, focus is on the roasted malt, but I'm ok with that. Excellent sweet roasty flavor complimented by a full mouthfeel with a smooth finish.

Neat place too, I made the mistake of asking for a tour while the game was on, got a half assed "Here's where we brew!" tour. All of their equipment was covered with wood paneling, very different from the standard stainless steel look. I'm headed back for another sampler and a real tour!

No comments: