Thursday, November 27, 2008

Budweiser: American Ale

I know what you're thinking. Being unemployed has not forced me to drink this as a last resort to my clutch on alcohol. Rather it is an experiment on one of the largest most consistent breweries in the world. The experiment is if Budweiser can live up to the name it has chosen for this particular brew. Particularly it's description found on the label that I will quote,

"Carefully brewed with barley from America's heartland and cascade hops from the Pacific Northwest, this rich, amber-colored ale has robust flavor and a distinctive, hoppy finish."

It is very sweet, I can't tast any of the hops it boasts of. It looks and almost tastes like a watered down amber bock. But worse. If I were you I wouldn't get it. Ever. Better than regular budweiser? Yes. Jeez this beer just isn't great at all. I had to force myself to drink the last of it and wouldn't call this much of an ale.

No comments: