Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Deschutes: Jubelale

Deschutes does some great stuff. Funny story, I spent 1st and 2nd grade in elementary school in Bend Oregon.

So here we go. Light airy head, sudo-thick, deep clear red body. Finishes a little heavy on the palet but not as much as some. Almost a deep amber taste with a hint of smoke. Do I need to be more objective? I don't know what else to say about this beer. It is good, I like it for what it is. I think it is a little above average for amber's but not as drinkable as some. The 6.7% abv lends a welcome bite and complements its heavy palet. Not sure if I would change anything about it, but maybe a little more malt and chocolate would be nice. Like Brew Munkey's Amber.....

2 comments:

L said...

I just had a few of these tonight.

..um, that is all.

Anonymous said...

Jubel is always one of my favorite winter drinks. I don't know that it excels at anything, other than being a very drinkable winter seasonal.