Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hearth Fire, Bellingham


They had a few beers on tap here so I made an event out of it. Left to Right:

Levenworth - Whistling Pig Hef
It's a hef.

Boundary Bay - Dry hopped Amber
Actually pretty good! It had a mellower sweet/peaty body that I thought was prominent with their regular amber. The dry hoppiness wasn't supper appearant but just enough that an informed beer drinker would be taken aback with a, "whats this???" Recommended if you get a chance, is Boundary making improvements?

Scuttlebutt - Pale Ale
Been a while since I've seen a scuttlebutt beverage on tap so I grabbed this one up. It had an off white thickish head that was on par with a pale or ipa. The body is light to light brown color. Very clear with a very slight haze. The hops were a smidge spicy cleary not overdone. I wouldn't say this is an outstanding pale but it's good enough to drink more than a few of and not get tired of. It had a great finish that clung just enough that you could enjoy it even after you set it down. Very good and I'll get it again for sure.

No comments: