Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Michelob: Amber Bock

I don't know about anybody else, but 5 years ago I thought this was the best stuff in the world. Fortunately, we all grow up.

This beer isn't terrible for Michelob, it has a light body for an amber, darker medium brown body, white light head, and a hint of magnum. It's a little sweeter than I like but has a fair bit of malty presence. It leaves that sweet malty taste on the palet similar to some of the traditional lagers. Almost as if you take PBR and add some amber qualities with a smokey taste just a smidge.

Overall it's not a bad beer. Bring it to your lager drinking buddies and see what they think. It is a great gateway beer! If they can drink this as opposed to lagers then there might be a chance.

3 comments:

CheapGeek_1 said...

Does anyone read the comments?

BrewMunkey_A said...

I do. Tag, you're it!

CheapGeek_1 said...

Well I hope you enjoyed the article! Yar!