Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Results of the "Stout Hole" test below

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

First thing I noticed is that I can see through it. Hmmmm I think Munkey 1 and I are going to introduce a new stout test. I call it the "Stout Hole." You know, like black hole, but with stout instead of black... come on, I'm trying to be witty....

Moving on

I remember this beer being better. It tastes like a sweet reheated cup of coffee. Its got a little funk on the end of the pallet that I don't remember it having, I'm a little disappointed. Smells ok, kinda like my coffee grinder. Its pretty thick, definatly has a presence on the tounge. I'm going to have to try it again later in the season, I could have sworn I really liked this one last time I tried it.

3 comments:

CheapGeek_1 said...

I like this "Stout Hole" idea. Let's keep this around. From hence forth, all stouts with a Stout Hole present shall not be refered to as stouts but dark ambers.

Anonymous said...

Intersting. Usualy I am a big fan of most of Lagunitas stuff. I do really like the Stout Hole test though ;-).

If you are looking for another coffee beer to try out. I thought that Coffee Bender by Surly Brewing Co was pretty good. I tried it at the Oregon Brew Fest.

BrewMunkey_A said...

I'll have to see if I can find it, thanks for the recomendation!