Friday, December 5, 2008

Redhook: Double Black Imperial Stout

Poured black with a nice tan head. I seem to be on kick with these lately. I love beer. Back on track, this one is very drinkable for an imperial. Has a very subtle coffee presence for boasting as such. So do drinkable and imperial go together? Meh. For RedHook this beer is the best they have if you consider ultimate flavor and impressiveness. It is as sweet as a stout should be, with an added extra density. Fairly thick mouthfeel accompanies a good.... stout..... flavor. If I were you I'd go for it. It was a good beer overall. Like I said before, not as imperial as I would expect but a good beer considering the source.

Wtf? It tastes really similar to Brew Munkey's IPArter! I just did a back to back tasting of our porter versus their stout. RedHook's stout is, well, stouty. Our Porter is definetely "portery", and not as sweet as the stout (for obvious reasons, or definition) yet both contain the same mouthfeel. Bring a bottle of DB sometime and I'll show ya.

1 comment:

BrewMunkey_A said...

I'm totally pwning your liver. For the record I have more posts than you.

Back on topic, I picked this one up today, I'll have to give it a try soon.